Fashion's Star*



A while back I got a free subscription to "Star" magazine. Embarrassed at first (I live with a bunch of med school students, so I as pull "BRITS' BABY BONANZA!!" out of my mail box, the woman next to me is pulling out Scientific American and Psychology Today... Anyway)... I finally grew to accept the rag (I like free things). I even moderately enjoyed flipping through the glossy pages, looking at pictures of famous people picking their noses, running away from paparazzi, and kissing people they weren't supposed to be kissing. Overall, the concept of the magazine --gossip, glossy pictures and "fashion" -- is appealing, its just that I don't care about Brad, or Brit or any of the other 12 people they seem to photograph incessantly (am I supposed to know who "Kristin Cavallari" is??)
Another down side is the magazine doesn't know a thing about fashion. Finally, with sites like the The Superficial, Dlisted, or Starvis Says, my up-to-the-minute celebrity gossip is just a click away, leaving most of the magazine outdated by the time it arrives. Lucky for us there's another option. The Daily Mini is a somewhat gossipy (but about people we actually care about... sort of) glossy that sets itself apart from the rest. A mini version of The Daily, the perfectly handbag sized magazine is full of glorious photographs, breathtaking (real) fashion and interesting gossip about interesting people...
A mini (and worthy) splurge.