naketano


It's been a while since I've had an absolute favorite something. A while back it was sneakers... I had this pair of black and silver Nike's that I found at a sample sale in NY. They were totally odd and all of my friends hated them- but I literally found an excuse to wear them to every occasion. They saw everything from the inside of Cheetah to the beaches on the Cape. I loved them. Unfortunately they encountered an inconceivably large pile of dog-doo as I raced home to get my first year grades in law school and had to be discarded. In college I had this one grey t-shirt that I wore everywhere. It was one of the few things that survived the abercrombie purge of 1999 (thanks to Smitty and Rob's intervention). Alas... one day it went "missing" never to be seen again (my friends smiled smugly to each other when I conceded the loss).
Yes... there have been jackets, t-shirts, jeans and shoes in the past... but nothing I've reached for on a consistent basis recently... until Naketano.
In the eyes of Nicole Christensen, Naketano's head designer, a fashion designer receives ultimate accolade when a piece of clothing becomes a favourite piece. When one buys and wears other garments solely to combine them with the one, the favourite piece. Whoever craves to wear one item constantly (if possible or hygienically bearable), on any occasion and in all possible and impossible combinations, awards that item´s designer to the max and, at the same time, defines the benchmark Naketano perpetually aims to reach.
I looove their stuff. Comfort, style and a freshness I haven't encountered in a long time. Here to shop.