Don't judge a site by its layout... or a man by his taste in music!


(Do what makes you happy... or brighten someone else's day... Vintage Stock Certificates for the I-Banker in your life, and Rizzo's Original Fortune Teller)

So... I was driving yesterday listening to Pitbull and the Ying Yang Twins "Shake" (yeah, it was that kind of day), when all of sudden I became annoyed by the incessant beat and switched to a CD a friend gave me ... a local group from Boston called Black Spadez. Now, as adorable as this friend may be, his music taste leaves a bit to be desired (thinking back to the time-two weeks ago- I caught him listening to "Who Let the Dogs Out"... intentionally ). Anyway, my point is I was a bit reluctant to listen to this CD he gave me, but was pleasantly surprised to find the group lyrically and stylistically ... Good... Great in fact! So surprised in fact I started laughing in my car on the way to class. As I laughed, the car next to me honked a few times. I looked over and the driver was laughing too ... at me(!)... which made me laugh harder. Seconds later, as I pulled into the parking lot I was still laughing, and the parking lot attendant told me he was glad I brought my smile. Which got me thinking... (here comes the cliché part)... that despite walking aimlessly around my room looking for something to wear that day, and despite contemplating accessories....really, the best accessory for all of us, is a smile. Come on, don't roll your eyes, you know its true! They're contagious and not often seen during the 8am trudge to school/work.
So.... my random advice of the day is to do what makes you happy. Really happy. Do something that will make you laugh out loud or smile in your car as your drive to work (or on the subway as you read the Metro). Even (cringe) if it involves the Baha Men ...
Speaking of unexpected things to make you happy... you must check out SilverCrow Creations if you get a chance. Don't let the matter-of-fact site layout fool you (no frills here)! Hidden within lists of crafting tools, stamps, dolls, and "curiosities" are some fabulous gift ideas, self-indulgences, and hidden gems you'll only find on this site! From beautiful Tarot decks, to Vintage Mexican Novela Pages, to Che Lip Balm there's literally something for everyone and a browse alone may be enough to elicit a smile! Truly one the web's best hidden gems!