Fits to a tee

I'll say for the record I don't have a strong opinion about Tiger one way or the other. However, I do think he broke down some pretty substantial barriers and I definitely appreciate what he's done in that respect. My boyfriend and I golf at Franklin Park Golf Course here in Boston. In the 1940s and 1950s, when most of the golf courses around the country were segregated, people of all ethnic groups were welcome at Franklin Park. Before Franklin Park, I had the distinct pleasure of golfing on Fisher's Island as well... there not only I was I on-staff (and therefore allowed to make use of the private course), I was the only person of color on the entire island at one point! Needless to say Franklin Park was a welcome change- and there's nothing like going for a round of golf and seeing a kid with corn rows make par.
Now, I'm not suggesting that just because the game of golf has become more diverse that the attired needs to change. I'm actually a huge fan of pink polo and light blue pants (I know like 1/2 of my friends who are reading this are rolling their eyes and laughing right now)- anyway for those who want their golf attire to have a bit more style- Urban Golf Gear is the place to go. More than an athletic brand, its a lifestyle brand. The logo is gorgeous and they have everything from t-shirts to Polos.

Craig Tanner, Chief Urban Officer, was inspired to create Urban Golf Gear after watching Tiger Woods win his third amateur golf title. "When I watched Tiger and Steve Scott compete, they were dressed like old men. I thought their apparel could be spiced up."
I know it may be a bit late in the season to be pushing golf gear-- but for those of you lucky enough to live in warmer climates, golf is never out of season. For those of you like me who have already had to turn on the heat- rest assured that great style will always be in season.