Just Peachy


The other day I was at work and a co-worker reminded me of my love for hip-hop. Not that I really needed to be reminded-- (and not the stuff they're playing on the radio now. Seriously? That song by Jibbs may be the saddest thing I've ever heard.) Anyway, I could go on and on about the lack of creativity, the horrible messages the music is sending, or... had you been really unlucky I could make my modern day hip-hop / crack analogy. But I'll hold off for now.
The point of this is, the conversation reminded me of one of favorite websites, The Giant Peach. Not only do they have the best music (The Coup, Zion I, and Dead Prez to name a few) they have great clothes- hard to find t-shirts, great indie designers like Gentle Fawn, Heavy Rotation, and Akomplice, not to mention fabulous accessories and DVDs. Be sure to bookmark them and check back often... the cool stuff always sells out!
Speaking of selling out (in a good way), I had the pleasure of seeing Radio Golf this weekend at the Huntington Theater in Boston. I loved it, and highly recommend going if it comes to your area (I know it's slated for Chicago soon!)