Straight smokin, tokin'

The best thing, I think, is inadvertent, unexpected inspiration. It can come in various forms . . . a job, a conversation, a gaze across the bar. . . whatever. It can make the most frustrating times bearable. Now I'm not necessarily saying I'm going through a frustrating time-- though like most people I certainly have frustrating aspects of my life-- but I will say I have experienced that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from unexpected inspiration. Its the kind that makes you want to write, or that at least allows you to see the world as a story unfolding-- complete with all the little details . . . like the color of someones eyes or the ability to not only see injustice, but feel it to the core your being.
It seems like I've been wandering along too long looking for it-- forcing myself to search for it in old books, old conversations, and old endeavors. Its like the minute I stopped looking, BAM there it was.
Anyway, on a completely different note, but maybe a bit like inadvertent inspiration, I'm loving toke's "hot rocks" t-shirt. Maybe because it captures something dynamic in its simplicity. Maybe because it, like the other t-shirts on tokeworld, are super cute and remind me of a Saturday afternoon. Or maybe, like inadvertent inspiration, it just works.